This 5-day instructor-led course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to plan and administer a Microsoft SharePoint 2016 environment. The course teaches you how to deploy, administer a Microsoft SharePoint 2016 environment. The course teaches you how to deploy, administer, and troubleshoot your SharePoint environment. This course also provides guidelines, best practices, and considerations that help you optimize your SharePoint deployment.
20339-1 Planning and Administering SharePoint 2016
Participants who wish to take up this course should have a knowledge of:
- Software management in a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 enterprise server environment.
- Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud
- Administering IIS
- Configuring AD DS for use in authentication, authorization, and as a user store
- Managing an application remotely by using Windows PowerShell 4.0
- Managing databases and server roles in SQL Server
- Connecting applications to SQL Server
- Implementing claims-based security
- Using Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines
Who Should Attend?
The course is targeted at experienced IT professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud.
This course is also recommended to participants who have more than one year of hands-on experience* with planning and maintaining SharePoint and two years’ experience with other core technologies on which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or later, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), and networking infrastructure services.
The minimally qualified candidate typically:
- Is an IT professional who plans, implements, and maintains a multi-server deployment of SharePoint 2016.
- Has a working knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience, with SharePoint Online.
- Has broad familiarity with SharePoint workloads.
- Has experience with business continuity management, including data backup, restoration, and high availability.
- Has experience with authentication and security technologies.
- Has experience with Windows PowerShell.
* The hands-on experience or job experience should be from a solutions-based role where the candidate has worked on multiple solutions in the SharePoint space that includes document management, content management, and search.
55031 SharePoint 2013 End User
- Key components of a SharePoint deployment
- New features in SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint 2016 deployment options
- Identifying business requirements
- Understanding business requirements
- Organizing information in SharePoint 2016
- Planning for discoverability
- Lab: Designing an information architecture – Part One
- Lab: Creating an information architecture – Part Two
- Overview of the SharePoint 2016 logical architecture
- Documenting your logical architecture
- Lab: Designing a logical architecture
- Designing physical components for SharePoint deployments
- Designing supporting components for SharePoint deployments
- SharePoint farm topologies
- Mapping a logical architecture design to physical architecture design
- Lab: Designing a physical design
- Installing SharePoint 2016
- Scripting installation and configuration of SharePoint
- Configuring SharePoint 2016 farm settings
- Lab: Deploying and configuring SharePoint 2016 – Part One
- Lab: Deploying and configuring SharePoint 2016 – Part Two
- Creating web applications
- Configuring web applications
- Creating and configuring site collections
- Lab: Creating and configuring web applications
- Lab: Creating and configuring site collections
- Introduction to the service architecture
- Creating and configuring service applications
- Lab: Planning and configuring service applications
- Configuring authorization in SharePoint 2016
- Managing access to content
- Lab: Managing users and groups
- Lab: Securing content in SharePoint sites
- Overview of authentication
- Configuring federated authentication
- Configuring server-to-server authentication
- Lab: Extend your SharePoint 2016 to support Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Securing the platform
- Configuring farm-level security
- Lab: Securing a SharePoint 2016 deployment
- Managing content types
- Understanding managed metadata
- Configuring the managed metadata service
- Lab: Configuring the managed metadata service
- Lab: Configuring the content-type propagation
- Lab: Configuring and using the managed metadata service
- Configuring the User Profile Service Application
- Managing user profiles and audiences
- Lab: Configuring user profiles
- Lab: Configuring My Sites and audiences
- Understanding the Search Service Application architecture
- Configuring Enterprise Search
- Managing Enterprise Search
- Lab: Configuring Enterprise Search
- Lab: Optimizing the Search Experience
- Monitoring a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Tuning and optimizing a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Planning and configuring caching
- Troubleshooting a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Lab: Monitoring a SharePoint 2016 deployment
- Lab: Investigating page load times