Skype for Business
Skype for Business Training at New Horizons Singapore
Lync Server is now Skype for Business, a communication and collaboration platform that brings together an experience inspired by Skype with the enterprise-grade security, compliance, and control of Lync.
Skype for Business offers features including presence, IM, voice and video calls, and online meetings. Skype for Business provides a new client experience, a new client experience, a new server release, and updates to the service in Office 365.
If users in your organization are already familiar with Skype, they’ll appreciate the power and simplicity of Skype for Business where it’s easy to find and connect with co-workers. If users in your organization are coming to Skype for Business from Lync, they’ll recognize all the features they already use but in a fresh new interface with simplified controls and new additions.
In addition to the new client experience, Skype for Business Server 2015 provides several new features to improve manageability of on-premises servers and hybrid solutions.
New Features in Skype for Business with Improvements:
- User Experience
- Voice and Video Support
- Mobile Support
- Management of On-Premises Servers
- Deployment and Management of Hybrid Solutions
- Multi-Factor Authentication Support
Skype for Business Certifications
- Course: 20347: Enabling and Managing Office 365
- Exam: 70-346: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements
- Exam: 70-347: Enabling Office 365 Services
NOTE: To earn the MCSE: Productivity certification, you must first earn a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Office 365, and then, pass a single additional exam from a list of electives associated with the corresponding certification.
Once you hold an MSCA: Office 365, pass any one of the following elective exams to earn an MCSE: Productivity:
- Preparation Course 20345-1: Administering Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
- Preparation Course 20345-2: Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
- Exam 70-345: Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server
- Preparation Course 20339-1: Planning and Administering SharePoint 2016
- Preparation Course 20339-2: Advanced Technologies of SharePoint 2016
- Exam 70-339: Managing Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Preparation Course 40409: Deploying Enterprise Voice with Skype for Business 2015
- Exam 70-333: Deploying Enterprise Voice with Skype for Business 2015
- Preparation Course 20334: Core Solutions of Microsoft Skype for Business 2015
- Exam 70-334: Core Solutions of Microsoft Skype for Business 2015
- Preparation Course 20341: Core Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Exam 70-341: Core Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Preparation Course 20342: Advanced Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Exam 70-342: Advanced Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
Important MCSE & MCSD Certification Changes from Microsoft
On September 26, 2016, five new Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) and Developer (MCSD) specialties were released. To earn each of the new certifications – MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSE: Mobility, MCSE: Data Management and Analysis, MCSE: Productivity, or MCSD: App Builder – you must first earn a qualifying Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification and, then pass a single additional exam from a list of electives associated with the corresponding certification. Click here for a complete summary of the MCSE and MCSD changes from Microsoft, including answer to some of the most frequently asked questions.